This article discusses about what is the digital india, and how to make its implementation reality. Digitalization of india has been a hot topic since Prime Minister Narendra Modi had launched a campaign on 1st July 2015, to make sure that the services which are rendered by the government are made available to all the citizens of the country by electronic means or by online methods. With the motto of “Power to Empower”, it is a method to change the infrastructure of payment and monetary business by online Information and Technology processes.
Digital India campaign was launched by the Ministry of Electronics and Technology with Ravi Shankar Prasad and SS Ahluwalia as two of the most recognised people to start the campaign. The campaign made a great impact in the people of the urban areas and and has paved the way for them to transform into digital country which is empowered in the field of Technology. The campaign also sowed seeds of high speed network connection in rural areas as well. In general it has made banking, insurance, electricity bill payment, gas payments system to be availed from the comforts of home or from anywhere across the country. It targets to focus on broadband Highway and provide Universal access to connectivity in mobiles. It also helps public internet access program and paves way for e-governance– a way to Reform government through information and technology it also renders electronic delivery of services and ensures Information for All.
The digital India program is revolving around 3 important vision areas
- Digital infrastructure as a code utility to every citizen
- Governance and services on demand
- Digital empowerment of citizens.
Digital infrastructure as a code utility to every citizen
- To make high speed internet available is the facility that is rendered to the citizens all around the country.
- It make sure to render a lifelong digital identity to every citizen which is unique online and is authenticable.
- Net banking and mobile phones should be a necessity to every citizen for the participation in the digital or final space
- A private space on public cloud which is possible to be shared.
- To make access to a common service centre easy and present at every corner of the country or at the fingertips of the citizens.
- A cyberspace which is safe and Secure and free from viruses and the intervention of other citizens hackers and so on.
Governance and services on demand
- The department or jurisdiction shall have integrated service
- Real time services from online and mobile platforms shall be made available to the citizens.
- Financial transactions to be made electronic and cashless
- Cleavage GIS for decision making and development.
- To make India digitally metamorphosed and to improve the ease with which business shall be executed
- All citizens shall be entitled to be portable and available on the cloud.
Digital empowerment of citizens.
- Digital literacy is to be made Universal among all the citizens of India in all the corners of the country.
- Universally accessible resources which are digitized shall be made available.
- The digital resources or services should be available in Indian languages according to the native languages of all the corners of the country starting from Bengali to Tamil to Telugu to Assamese and so on.
- Collaboration of digital platform for governance or the participation of government.
- To make citizens not mandatory to physically go and submit government documents or certificates which shall be a great boon to the physically challenged or old and inform people.
It has rendered huge amount of career opportunities for young Minds that are flourishing in our Indian grounds. Employment has increased with the advanta the scheme of digital India. The Government of India basically look forward to any governance platform in order to change their dream of becoming digital India and they believe that the more Technology they introduce in governance, the better it is for the people of India to flourish in the endeavours.
The recent digital improvement is that the Indian Railways are now accepting digital Aadhar Card and driving licence from digital locker as the valid ID proofs of the customers who are the travellers. Hard copies of the Aadhar Card may be subject to get lost or get stolen and so on and hence the Railways have now conducted the procedure in which they shall accept soft copies of Aadhar and driving licence which is provided by the app digilocker a digital storage service operated by the government of India which enables the Indian citizens to keep official documents and important documents on cloud.
People are getting notifications almost every now and then how government is promoting the digital India campaign by metamorphosing into digital transactions in which banks like State Bank of India,ICICI bank and Punjab National Bank mostly taking shelter to digital transactions special in netbanking and mobile banking.
The ministry of Electronics and information technology of India has also launched a fellowship program for Digital India’s e-governance for individuals and people who take lot of interest to research and studies class implementation of the programs related to e-Governance. Partner universities are hosting programs and Research both nationally and internationally in which team Attic e-governance stuffs will be discussed which are based on the current scenario of digital India. Digital payments digital culture and inclusion information is digitalization Data Analytics geographic information system internet of things cyber security are some of the main areas that shall be focused on in the fellowship program.
The digital India program basically has served to bridge the gap between the rich and the poor, where people in the rural areas have taking shelter to the means of internet banking, farmer’s plan and so on.
Some of the methodologies which are implemented by the government are
- adoption of unique ID to facilitate identification authenticity and to deliver a lot of benefits to the citizens of India; hence advantages of digital india is tremendous.
- To change the structure of NIC and to strengthen the support of information technology to All the departments of government at Central and state level
- To Cater to the socio-economic needs of the people.
Digital India has just protected the different programmes of government Ministries and departments. It has helped it in each individual a citizen of the country to have their own identity and stand on its own and make a better future.