As the old saying says, time and tide wait for no man. Twenty four hours in a day pass away at a snap of our fingers. Life is too short to waste it away. In the time that we have left we must make the best of it. You must have heard a lot of people tell you to live each day as if it was your last. But do we really do that?
Think back to last week. What did you do except study, go to office, come home to your family or an empty home, eat something and quickly go to sleep? Or did you spend your time watching a movie marathon while you were actually supposed to study for an upcoming exam? Or were you so busy with your phone and work that you neglected those around you?
Being successful in life means different things to different people. For some its being able to afford a good life, for others it is ambition, for some it is happiness and so on. I view success not as a college degree or a job salary but as inner peace. For you it might be something else entirely. Make it your goal. To achieve this goal one must have some form of a balanced lifestyle where they can keep themselves happy and satisfied.
Coming back to the topic of time management, today I will tell you the best way to manage time. As I said in a day there are 24 hours. Best way is to split these hours into sleep, work, self and family.
That is 8-8-8 hours.
- Work 8 hours a day.
- Sleep 8 hours a day.
- And do what you like for 8 hours a day.
This way you can start prioritizing your time. If you don’t wear a watch then make a habit of wearing it.
Do the following:
- One day sit in quiet and think about your purpose in life. Is it sitting idle? Is it appearing and re-appearing for exams? Is it focusing on your career?
- Think about what you want back from life. Happiness. Love. Memories.
- Try to meditate. Exercise REGULARLY even of its just for fifteen minutes.
- Learn from your own as well as others mistake.
- Question everything. Never blindly accept anything.
- Talking to oneself is very important to have clarity of mind.
- Everyday write down three small goals and try to achieve them.
- Learn to be humble. Even if it is out of character.
- Help others.
- Don’t be a miser. Or a huge spender.
- Don’t waste food. There is a lot of poverty in the world.
- Don’t judge someone from looks and money. Remember people will always surprise you.
- Keep good company.
- Don’t poke your nose where it doesn’t belong.
- Learn to take mini vacations.
- If you are a student then force yourself to study at least a total of eight hours including college and tuition hours.
- Do something everyday that will make you happy.
The three 8s will help you manage your time, make you feel happy and also help you achieve your idea of success. I hope this article was helpful to you. Please leave your suggestions and comments below. Thank you.